HERO7 Black Recognized for Innovative Firsts
HERO7 Black officially secured the pole position in the race for most innovative GoPro. The $399.99 flagship received several industry awards to round out 2018 and recognize groundbreaking new features.
Powered by GoPro’s custom-designed GP1 processor, HERO7 Black is being celebrated for innovative new features including gimbal-like HyperSmooth Stabilization, TimeWarp, SuperPhoto, improved audio, and live streaming. All this is combined with core GoPro characteristics including waterproof and rugged design, voice control, intuitive 2-inch touch screen and 3x faster WiFi transfer speends.
Below is a brief summary of the awards HERO7 Black has garnered so far ...
- CES 2019 Innovation Awards Honoree – The annual CES Innovation Awards program celebrates outstanding product design and engineering in brand-new consumer technology products. HERO7 Black collected honors in the digital imaging category.
- CHIP Photo Awards 2018 – Honoring the best photo products and manufacturers of 2018, CHIP selected HERO7 Black as Best Compact Camera of the Year.
- PCMag Best of the Year 2018 – In 16 top categories, PCMag highlighted the very best products tested all year. HERO7 Black and GoPro’s 360-degree camera, Fusion, were both honored in the camera category.
- Popular Science 2018 Best of What’s New Awards – A definitive list of the 100 greatest innovations of 2018. To win, a product or technology must represent a significant step forward in its category, and HERO7 Black’s HyperSmooth technology demonstrated exactly that in the Gadgets category.
- The Lucie Technical Awards – Aims to honor the large and small companies, as well as the individuals who have advanced the photographic industry in a given year. HERO7 Black was honored as the Best Action Camera.
- 2018 USA Today 10Best – Carefully selected by a panel of experts and voted on by the public, HERO7 landed the No. 1 spot in the “Best Gift for Family Travelers” category.
HERO7 Black has also been the recipient of more than a dozen Editor’s Choice Awards from publications around the world, including PCMag, Mashable, Wired, Digital Photo, Kaden Hihyo and Xataka, and Fusion was honored as “Best Specialty Camera” by Videomaker in its Best Products of the Year 2018 awards.
GoPro also received several additional awards relating to innovations in its business ...
- IEEE’s ICIP 2018 Visual Innovation Awards – “The company has continuously pushed the limits with its HERO line of cameras with ground-breaking features like 4K60 video recording, electronic image stabilization and QuikStories.”
- IEEE Spectrum’s Consumer Electronics Hall of Fame – “Woodman and GoPro democratized sports photography. Their simple, rugged camera allowed anyone to share their experiences in a way that was just not possible before.”
- Newsweek: America’s Best Customer Service – “As we examined the larger, impersonal forces that are transforming retail, it seemed like a good time to recognize a more personal factor in business success: The ways in which many companies nurture their relationships with customers.”
- Sequoia Consulting: Top-5 Healthiest Bay Area Workplaces – “A culture of well-being for employees to keep them healthy, happy and stoked on life.”